The City of La Vista has adopted the 2006 I-Codes, which consists of the following:
- International Building Code
- International Residential Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Energy Conservation Code
- 2008 National Electric Code
Below are forms available online to download for permit applications. Fee information is below.
A list of permits issued, by month, is available for review.
- Accessory and Light Remodeling Permit Application. This includes permits for fences, decks, sheds, swimming pools (see below for more information), patio covers, driveways/curbs (click here for additional information on driveways/curbs), roofs, siding, windows, etc. A permit application must be submitted to City Hall along with a drawing that shows the location of the improvement on the property and its distance from the property line, the house, a detached garage, and other existing structures, such as a shed.
- Conditional Use Permit Application. Required information is on form.
- Commercial Building Permit Application. Three copies of the plan are required with submittal of application.
- Electrical Permit Application
- Flood Plain Development Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Residential Permit Application. Two copies of the plan are required with submittal of application.
- Sign Permit Application – Permanent or Temporary. Garage Sale and Political Sign information
- Store Unlicensed Motor Vehicle Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
Fee information can be reviewed by selecting one of the following:
The City of La Vista now accepts credit card payments. If you would like to pay for a permit or other application with a major credit card, download this one-time payment authorization form, and submit it electronically
Forms require Adobe Reader to Review. To download for free, go to adobe.com