You may register to vote if:
- You are 18 years or older on General Election Day, which is the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
- You are a United States Citizen
- You are a resident of Nebraska
- You are not under sentence for a felony conviction, or if convicted civil rights have been restored.
- You are not found to be mentally incompetent.
You must re-register whenever you change your name, address, or political party affiliation.
All mail in registration forms must be postmarked on or before the third Friday before an election. You may register in person at the election office or outside registration sites on or before the second Friday prior to an election.
If you completed the application form correctly and mailed it by the deadline (third Friday prior to an election) you will receive notification. If you do not receive notification within 10 days after your registration has been accepted, call the Election Commissioner. In Sarpy County, the Election Commissioner is located at the Sarpy County Courthouse. You are not a registered voter until you receive confirmation.
Nebraska Voter Registration Form
Nebraska Absentee Ballot Form
Voter Information and Polling Place