Adult Book Clubs
The La Vista Public Library offers several book clubs to the community. Copies of each month's title will be available to book club attendees to borrow at no cost. Books for the next month are typically handed out at the monthly meeting, but can also be picked up at the front desk (pre-registration required). Contact Cedate Shultz at CShultz@CityofLaVista.org to reserve a copy of a book.
Library membership is not required to join a book club, receive a book, or participate.
Not able to attend, but want to read along? Our upcoming reading lists for each book club are below.
History Book Club
Meets the first or second Saturday of the month at 2 p.m.
Join us for a spirited discussion of historical fiction and non-fiction books!
- Saturday, July 8 - We will be discussing In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner (historical fiction)
- Saturday, August 12 - We will be discussing The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson
- Saturday, September 9 - We will be discussing The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn (historical fiction)
Evening Book Club
Meets the first or second Monday of the month at 7 p.m.
A variety of genres are read throughout the year. Members of evening book club are encouraged to help select upcoming titles.
- Monday, July 10 - We will be discussing The Maid by Nita Prose
- Monday, August 14 - We will be discussing Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- Monday, September 11 - We will be discussing The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
Afternoon Book Club
Meets the third Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m.
A variety of genres are read throughout the year. Members of afternoon book club are encouraged to help select upcoming titles.
- Wednesday, July 19 - We will be discussing Breaking Creed by Alex Kava
- Wednesday, August 16 - We will be discussing The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr
- Wednesday, September 20 - We will be discussing The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci
Page to Screen Book Club
Meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Movie screenings on a Saturday at 12 p.m.
Join us for a book discussion and then come back and watch the film adaptation! This book club is the perfect fit for movie lovers. You don't need to be part of the book discussion group to come watch the movie.
- Tuesday, July 18 - We will be discussing The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Princess Bride Movie Showing: Saturday, July 29 at 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 15 - We will be discussing Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Crazy Rich Asians Movie Showing: Date TBD
- Tuesday, September 19 - We will be discussing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Showing: Date TBD