The City of La Vista has created the Community Gardens Program, which is designed to give residents the opportunity to enjoy nature, plant flowers, grow fruits and vegetables for food and get exercise from gardening.
Garden plots are available in the following parks:
- Camenzind Park, 7120 Wood Lane Drive
- Hollis Park, 7521 Joseph Avenue
- Jaycee Park, 7323 Harvest Hills Drive
Garden plots are raised beds and measure 4 feet by 12 feet. A few smaller plots, 4 feet by 8 feet, are available at some locations. Gardening is permitted when the park is open, generally from dawn to dusk. For gardener eligibility and other information, please see the full rules and regulations (PDF).
The following criteria establish eligibility for having a garden plot:
- You must be a resident of La Vista. If you move from the city, you forfeit your plot at the end of the growing season.
- You must sign and return the rental contract with a $20 payment by February 1.
- Only one garden plot per household unless plots are still available by the end of the sign-up period.
- Food grown in the rental garden plots is for personal consumption only.
- Your garden plot should be cleaned up by November 15 with all dead plants and plant supports removed.
- Garden plots are rented on an annual basis from February 1 through January 31.
- Rental contracts are available online or by calling 402-331-3455. Contracts must be mailed or returned to the Community Center with the $20 payment by February 1.
- Gardeners in good standing will be given priority for renewals. At that time a gardener may request a trade to a different plot, if any are available.
- As a garden plot renter, the gardener and family members agree to abide by the rules and guidelines of the program.
Read the full rules and regulations (PDF).
View our rental contract (PDF).
For more information, contact
Assistant Recreation Director David Karlson, 402-331-3455.