NEW SERVICE ALERT!
The La Vista Public Library and Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium are partnering to provide zoo passes to any current card holders!
Adults ages 18+ who are La Vista residents or have a non-resident paid membership to La Vista Public Library are eligible to check out a zoo pass.
Library accounts in good standing are eligible and zoo passes are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Accounts that have expired or will expire during the session printed on the zoo pass will need to be renewed and overdue fees will need to be less than $10.
Due to the popularity and limited number of zoo passes, passes will not be held or reserved. A zoo pass is good for one-time use, only one pass per library card and patron can be issued, admitting up to two adults and six children.
A zoo pass must be presented at the zoo along with a current La Vista Public Library card.
La Vista residents who do not currently have a library card are able to visit the library to obtain a library card. A valid driver’s license or utility bill are needed to sign up for a library card. If you have questions, please visit us at 9110 Giles Road, give us a call at 402.537.3900 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
See you at the library where you can grow your point of view!
These services are offered by the library as a service to all card holders:
- Computer Lab -- The library has 14 computers available to the public with Microsoft Office software. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher are available. These computers also have internet access. Computers are on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Copy Machine -- A public copy machine is available at the library. Copies are .10 per copy for Black & White and .50 for color copies. The copy machine does: enlargements and reductions, duplexing, and sorting. Paper sizes are 8 ½ x 11 and 8 ½ x 14. 11 x 17 is available upon request.
- Faxing - Faxing is available at the circulation desk. $2.00 for up to 5 pages. 6 plus pages have additional fees.
- Internet Access -- The library’s computer lab has 14 computers available with Internet access. The library also has wireless access.
- Reading Machine -- The Ambassador Pro™ is a powerful reading machine that converts text from books, magazines and other printed materials to high-quality speech, making printed material more readily accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired.