NEW SERVICE ALERT!
The La Vista Public Library and Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium are partnering to provide zoo passes to any current card holders!
Adults ages 18+ who are La Vista residents or have a non-resident paid membership to La Vista Public Library are eligible to check out a zoo pass.
Library accounts in good standing are eligible and zoo passes are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Accounts that have expired or will expire during the session printed on the zoo pass will need to be renewed and overdue fees will need to be less than $10.
Due to the popularity and limited number of zoo passes, passes will not be held or reserved. A zoo pass is good for one-time use, only one pass per library card and patron can be issued, admitting up to two adults and six children.
A zoo pass must be presented at the zoo along with a current La Vista Public Library card.
La Vista residents who do not currently have a library card are able to visit the library to obtain a library card. A valid driver’s license or utility bill are needed to sign up for a library card. If you have questions, please visit us at 9110 Giles Road, give us a call at 402.537.3900 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
See you at the library where you can grow your point of view!
These services are offered by the library as a service to all card holders:
- Computer Lab -- The library has 14 computers available to the public with Microsoft Office software. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher are available. These computers also have internet access. Computers are on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Copy Machine -- A public copy machine is available at the library. Copies are .10¢ per copy for Black & White and .50¢ for color copies. The copy machine does: enlargements and reductions, duplexing, and sorting. Paper sizes are 8 ½" x 11" and 8 ½" x 14". 11" x 17" is available upon request.
- Faxing - Faxing is available at the circulation desk. It is $2.00 to send a fax that is 1-5 pages. Faxes with 6 plus pages have additional fees.
- Group Tours -- Group tours of the library are available to the public, school group, boy scouts, girl scouts, etc. Please call in advance to set up a time (402-537-3900).
- Income Tax Forms --The library carries a full range of Federal income tax forms and publications. Also available is a reproducible federal book for any forms or instructions that the library does not have multiple copies.
- If you need assistance with your income taxes, watch this site, call or come into the library during tax season for further information.
- State income tax forms can be located at the state revenue website.
- Interlibrary Loan -- If you can’t locate a book you’re looking for because the library doesn’t own it, try Interlibrary Loan. The library can locate the book you are looking for from a different library and have it mailed to the library for your convenience. There is a $3.00 fee for each book requested from this service to help with mailing costs.
- Internet Access -- The library’s computer lab has 14 computers available with Internet access. The library also has wireless access.
- Laminating Machine (call) -- The library has 2 laminating machines available for your laminating needs. Projects with the 18" width machine cost $2.00 per foot and projects with the 40" width machine cost $6.00 per foot. You will need to contact the library at least 30 minutes in advance so the laminators will have time to warm-up.
- ONYX Magnifier -- The library has an ONYX machine available for use. This machine enlarges images so that they be read or viewed more easily. It can enlarge book pages, photos, and newspapers among other items. This machine was provided to the library by the Nebraska Library Commission and the Nebraska Library Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Printers -- The library has available for your convenience printing. The cost of printing is .10¢ per page for black and white and .50¢ per page for color copies. Please feel free to bring in your own paper or envelopes for printing resumes or printing of high quality.
- Reading Machine-- The Ambassador Pro™ is a powerful reading machine that converts text from books, magazines and other printed materials to high-quality speech, making printed material more readily accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired.
- The Ambassador product utilizes a large legal size scanner to accommodate the widest range of printed materials and all controls are sized and located for comfortable, convenient identification and operation.
- This system also features a 3.5-inch floppy drive for additional storage, a headphone jack for private listening, and a tape recorder jack. The reading machine is located in the Reference Area.
- Scanner -- A color scanner is available in the computer lab. Only 1 computer has scanning options. You may need to wait in order to use the scanner if the machine is already in use.
- Study Rooms -- 3 private study rooms are available for private, individual study, or group study. Study rooms are first come first serve. We do not reserve their use.
- Telescope -- A telescope is available for patrons to borrow for two weeks at a time. The telescope comes with a kit with information on how to operate the telescope and look for stars. If the telescope is checked out you can be put on a waiting list to borrow it.
- Typewriter -- The library has a typewriter for public use.
- Zoo Passes -- The La Vista Library has partnered with the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium to offer one time use zoo passes. A limited number of these passes are available for library card holders to check out. They cannot be reserved over the phone. Zoo passes are given out seasonally (Fall, Winter, Spring) and are good until the expiration printed on them.( Zoo passes are not offered in the summer). Each pass admits two adults and up to six children.